Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Page is Open!

Thank you for coming.

I started this page to keep track of the stories I've been lucky enough to get published, and provide permanent links to the pieces. (My Facebook page isn't quite cutting it anymore.)

I'll also try to keep this up to date with any ongoing work, including my novel, Big Top. With respect to the last, I'm really feeling the push to get back to it, now that the cat's been let out of the bag in the Toronto Star.

It's an interesting time for me right now. I've just seen great success with what I'd call a very "literary" story, but the majority of my most recent pieces would better be classified as "pulp horror." Anyone that's found their way to this page as a result of reading "The Dirt on Ronnie Wilkins" and nothing else, is sure to be surprised at some of the other tales. I try to write whatever story comes into my head as quickly as it comes, regardless of thought to genre, but I'll admit that it's great fun writing the short, scary "Flash Fic" pieces.

Starting in January, I'll be starting a 30 week correspondance course at Humber, under the direction of a professional author, and together we'll be workshopping my material. I'm really looking forward to this journey, and the writing I'll get to do as a result. Whether the result will be a finished "Big Top" or something completely different remains to be seen.

If you're a fellow writer, I wish you all the luck with getting your work published, and please check out the links at the side for some great tools. Also - if you do get accepted, please send me the link / info, I'd love to read it.

If you're here to read more of my stuff - thanks again.

CA

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Loved your short stories on MicroHorror. If you are able to add links to some of your other work as it gets published that would be awesome - I'm in Melbourne so I can't access some of the pieces. Once again, I am really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Gracie! Much appreciated.

    You can find links to everything currently available online at the right on this blog, under the heading "My published stories."

    I'll also take more care linking in whatever story I'm talking about when I post about it.

    Cheers

    Chris

    ReplyDelete