Monday, October 5, 2009

Hallowe'en Time is upon us!

As you may have noticed from some of the links at the side over there, one of my favorite sites, and one that has been extremely receptive to my work is MicroHorror.

The annual Hallowe'en Short Story contest is now on! If you're a writer, and can tell a scary story in 666 words or less, head on over! If you just like reading good scary stories, you can expect a lot of authors to be pulling out their best for this.

My first entry, "The Choir of Pulcinello" is up in the "Contest Entries" section now. (This is a very distilled version of the epic poem I mentioned earlier. From 3,950 pretty painful poetry lines to a totally lean 666 words was a hell of a cut, but the story came out great!)

I have one more story that I'll be throwing into the mix, but more on that one later.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment