Monday, November 30, 2009

...and now I'm finished.

Raised the "ding" last night when I crossed the 50k finish line of NaNoWriMo. However, the story itself kept on going. (Final count is 53,700)


I've just finished the rough draft. (It's fantastic to type those words.) The story, I think, will polish up nicely, but I'm now going to let it sit for a month or two. I'm way too close to it to start carving and molding. Plus, I've lived this book for the last 30 days. Coming on the heels of six months of nothing but flash, it was a hell of a shock to the system.

I'm going to try and finish up a shortie I started for the "Bacon-ology" antho, and then do some more flashing to get me into January where I'll be back in novel mode.

In other news - notified today that a non-Horror piece will be up on Every Day Fiction this month - Dec. 21. (One day away from another piece by the incomparable Oonah V. Joslin.) So there's that to look forward to.

Thanks for reading!

CA

No comments:

Post a Comment