Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cheers for "Make 'em Cheer" !!

The MicroHorror Halloween Contest winners were announced today. "Make 'Em Cheer" is a winner! (see the official release here)

I'm thrilled. MH has quickly become one of my favourite sites, and not just because they occasionally publish my stuff. It's such a great collection of work by so many talented authors, all working within the constraints of 666 words. I'm happy to count myself as a loyal reader.

To have one of my stories (I entered about 6 times ...) win is just awesome.

Congratulations to all the other winners:

Kevin G. Bufton for A Letter From the Trenches
Oonah V Joslin for Smolensk–The Second Time
Brian Laing for The King’s Grave
Caroline Robinson for Samhain
Chris Yodice for First Train to Deadman

I thought all these stories were amazing, and was blown away by many of the other entries too. If you haven't yet, check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for reading.

CA

3 comments:

  1. A very well deserved win Chris, you must be well chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris, we're side by side at EDF this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed Oonah! Nice mention in the ToC too, for both of us. I'm especially looking forward to this one, as it's not horror (for a change)but rather an attempt at humour...

    ReplyDelete