Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Home Stretch - 40,000

I'm getting very, very close to the end of NaNoWriMo, and I'm starting to think I might get there. The draft is going to be one ugly SOB, but it'll be a novel and that is certainly something.

If nothing else, I've also picked up some great habits, turning out about 1,200 words a day. This will be really important in January when I head back to (Correspondence) School, and start working on "Big Top" over a 30 week period. I'll be expected to turn out 10 pages a week. Right now I'm doing 20 per. So there's that.

I'm overall happy with how it's turning out, but I'll be rewriting for quite some time to get this where it has to be.

OTHER NEWS TODAY - Check out "Kittens for Sale" which is up on Flashes in the Dark today. This one appeared on MicroHorror back in April, but I always felt like there was a couple places where it could be tighter. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that and keep it under 666. Not to say I didn't like the finished product, but the version at FitD is just a little cleaner.

Thanks for reading.

CA

2 comments:

  1. 50k in words is impressive for a month mate. Nice work!

    Big Top been the story-puppy you've been dreaming of for a while has it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee.

    Actually, I've got about 25k and eight chapters of Big Top in the can that I'm quite happy with, just looking forward to a period where I'm working on and polishing the whole deal.

    ReplyDelete