Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo? Am I Crazy?

Today is the second of November. This makes it day 2 of "National Novel Writing Month" (NaNoWriMo).

As I've been finding at least 1/2 an hour to an hour a day to actually write - it's no joke that I've pretty much stopped watching TV, even when it's on - I've decided to give it a shot. 50,000 words in one month.

What this means in real terms is also a month-long hiatus from flash-writing as I push this big'un through. At last count (according to my invaluable submission-tracker over at Duotrope) I still have about 8 stories out in the ether, that may or may not find homes. If I hear anything on those, I'll pass on the where and what.

In the meantime, I'm just over 2,100 words in. The book is called "Troll." (so far.)

By the way, if anyone out there is also in on the fun, look me up. I've come up with the incredibly creative handle "chrisallinotte".

Wish me luck.

(Update - procrastinating already. And then, when I heard Nathan was extending the MH contest one more day ... we now have "Something Different." And now BACK to the book, really.)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with it Chris, helluva undertaking, don't envy you. Don't think I have the discipline lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also wondering if I am crazy for attempting Nanowrimo - we must keep up our determination - a month will fly by. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete