Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An update

Got a rejection on "The Fear Box" from a pretty popular horror site. That's strike two for that piece, but both notices have come with an abundance of notes - which is rare and very cool. I will place that piece, and it will kill. This one actually compared the story to something by Richard Matheson, so I'm definitely not giving up on it.

In other news, the writer's group is up and running. Two pieces on the block so far, hopefully more to come!

In new stuff, I started a historical fantasy piece. It was meant to be a one-off flash piece centred around a bar-joke, but it's grown some legs. Seeing where it goes.

Thanks for reading.

CA

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the rejection, but liking your attitude, it's similar to mine. I don't get uptight anymore about the rejections I just start thinking where to bung it off to next, treat writing like a rumour, throw enough shit and sooner or later its gotta stick, right?

    I do like the title of the story, "The Fear Box"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comiserations on the rejection Chris, but as Lee said, your attitude is commendable and it will happen for you. I hope to be in the same "submitting" position pretty soon and hope that my chin stays as firm as the likes of yourself and Lee.
    Good luck and all the best, David.

    ReplyDelete