Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Something to share ...

Haven't really used this space to share any writing yet, but there's no time like the present. Here then, is "Saying Goodbye":

Saying Goodbye

We made it to the top my love.

I drove three days to get here, but it’s worth it. I’m laying you down in the open on the tallest mountain I could find so your spirit will merge with the birds of prey that consume you.

Except your eyes.

I’m burning them with incense, releasing their power to the wind.

When we first met in the cemetary, it was love at first sight. The rapture and mystery of death captivated you, and the silence of the grave was music to my ears.

You always were the spiritual one. I'll be happy with a high place and an end to all the noise.

We spent so many beautiful nights in the mausoleum planning every detail of our own burials. Sitting there on cold marble, we were finally alive.

Time. Place. Method. Flowers. Music. We talked all the tiny details to death.

Then I came home early that night, and saw something that I hadn't planned on. Watching you in the throes of the little death put everything into perspective.

Now everything is perfect again.

And the ocean is calling to me now, surf crashing against the base of the cliffs so far below. I can't wait.

Rest in peace.


CA

No comments:

Post a Comment