Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wicked East Press - "A Wicked Bag of Tales"

Here's a new approach to building an anthology that Wicked East Press is doing.  They are collecting the names and e-mails of authors willing to write for a "secret" project.  Out of all interested participants, 10 are selected at random to write a 10,000 word story.  Genre and prompt are assigned at the moment you are chosen.  There is also a time limit imposed.  So given the length of story, and the time constraint, this may not be for the faint of heart, or the slow of pen.  Payment is a contributor's copy (with the possibility of "something extra"). Here is a snippet from the site:

10 writers receive an email...



--"Your challenge, if you choose to accept it: to write a 10,000 word story within the prompt and genre that you are given. You may share this story with no one. You will have a set time limit and at the end of that allotted time--your story will take on a life of it's own."


This will be very "hush-hush".


Those interested let us know on this thread. Then send a PM to me with an email address. I will take sign ups until September 25 and then lock this thread. 10 names will be pulled from a hat/box/pan/bowl and those 10 people will receive further instructions by email. I will post a listing of those that have received their notice (death warrant?). All ideas will be sent by email, per instructions.


I will keep the community posted with tid-bits, but won't share too much!


At the end... we will have one hell of a book!

You need to be a member of Wicked East Press to participate, as you must sign-in to announce your participation and PM the editor with your e-mail. 

I've thrown my hat in.  It's not that I don't have a lot to work on right now (I do) but having a deadline would really help me get my work habits back where they need to be, and I love a challenge.

For those of you NaNoWriMo-ers, this could be just the warm-up you need!

Link to the site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment