Sunday, February 6, 2011

Madness in March - a Leaky Pencil Write-in Special

Hey everyone.  I'm keeping this as brief as possible, as the last thing I want to do is distract from the blog-fest goodness happening out there right now.

I wish I could say I was a sports guy, but I'm not.  So, that in mind, I'm looking for a different reason to get excited about March.

For the week of March 15 (ye olde Ides), I want to feature stories on this blog... your stories- about madness. I want stories of criminal psychosis, cannibal grannies, that guy who wears bacon as a hat -- you get the idea.  If you're interested, send me your stories (any length, up to 2,000 wds) to chrisallinotte (at) gmail (dot) com . Last day for submissions will be March 4, 2011. [Updated details- please send your story pasted into an e-mail, and include a short bio at the end.]

I'll be choosing 7 to run that week.

The best of the runners' up to be featured on this blog on every second Wednesday at thirteen o'clock following the contest.

If your story is the best of the bunch, I'll feature the book of your choice, and its purchase link on this site for 30 days.  (There may be a little something else for the winner as well, but that's t.b.d.) 

For all the entries, I'll be putting together a PDF chapbook that includes featured stories, as well as any other entries received, to be sent out after everything's finished. 

Ready?

Go.


P.S. Legalese: if you do choose to send me a story, and I put it up here - that's basically the first publication rights gone, so please only send if you're okay with that.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, likey like!! I'll try to come up with something in time.

    (Scuttles away with madness in mind...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I'll see what I can do and promote it on my blog.

    I'm actually glad to hear you're not a sports guy. :-) That's a rare thing, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, interesting!! I'll see if I can rattle something off. Cannibal grannies is a great idea, by the way! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, madness. I know a thing or two about that. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see some interest starting!

    (Especially you Lily. It was your toes I was worried about stepping on just now!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm up for that......I'll see what my twisted little grey cells can come up with!

    (...actually, I have a couple of ideas starting to bubble away already - are we allowed multiple entries Mr A ?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun. Heard about this from your story on the Flash Fiction Offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to come off the meds for a while and see if I can come up with something suitably mad...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found about about this and swore to myself no more shorts until I make more progress on the novel, but I don't think I can resist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue - Hit me with everything you've got!

    Richard - Got the story, thank you!

    Ben - thanks for making the trip over!

    Alan - I need me some Canadian craziness from a fellow Canuck

    Sean - by all means- I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with (and for the record, I know I can always spend more time on the novel. Once this wraps up, I'll be buckling down myself.

    ReplyDelete