Wednesday, March 23, 2011

50 Followers? Wow.

Still in the middle of a sort of "radio silence" while I try to marshall my ADD into creating something longer than 1,000 words, and force that same impulse to edit those longer pieces that I have written, into something people might actually be interested in.

However - just wanted to take a second to mark this milestone. 50 people who at least at one point, wanted to hear something I had to say. 

Cool.

Thanks everybody.

I'm probably not going to be posting again for a little while. I've said this before, but procrastination is a tough habit to quit... I'll start tomorrow.

I'll finish this ramble with a recent quote that meant a lot to me, from none other than Ray Bradbury:



"If we listened to our intellect we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go in business because we'd be cynical: "It's gonna go wrong." Or "She's going to hurt me." Or,"I've had a couple of bad love affairs, so therefore . . ." Well, that's nonsense. You're going to miss life. You've got to jump off the cliff all the time and build your wings on the way down."

May you keep your white spaces at bay, my friends.

Chris 

5 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO, Chris. Congrats on the fab 50. Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, apologies for being late to, well it seems to be everything at the moment. Congrats on the 50, but it won't be long before you're celebrating 100.

    Well done on such a great week of Madness. You pulled it off big time, mate. You should be proud of you work on that one.

    Off to catch up with YOUR "Madness" story now.

    Have a great weekend, my friiend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll always be your 13th...how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemma - thanks for stoppin' by!
    David - appreciate the good wishes - it was a lot of fun
    Erin- You're damned right! (And way cool.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,

    I accidentally came across your name on "A Rage of Angel" which I happen to 'follow'. Now here's the strange part. I never would have remembered your name except just two or three days ago I found your number in my cell phone and remembered our brief stint at or rather attempt at setting up a writing group about a year ago before I got swept away by an overseas job offer. Heh heh...

    Glad to see you're writing. It just so happens I've found inspiration in a writing partner which is working out quite well for me.

    If you ever want to set up another writing group, let me know... I think I'd still benefit from that.

    Best,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete