Friday, April 29, 2011

Some Quick News - A Review and an EDOM update

Hey everyone,

Still kind of in a hibernation-mode, as some day-to-day life things are taking up most of my free (read: writing and blogging) time.  I'm hoping to be back amongst the blogosphere soon - visiting and commenting on all the amazing things my friends are doing, but "ya gotta do what ya gotta do." Still - I've been trying to keep my toe in the water, 100 words at a time over at Lily Childs' Friday Prediction.

In the meantime, two little things have come up. Emma Kathryn, she of the blog "Beware the Vampire Bunnies" and author of scores of tales in the wonderful Static Movement Anthologies, has begun reviewing short stories from some of those anthologies. Today, she shines a light on my tale "Adaptation", which originally appeared on MicroHorror.com, and was picked up by SM for inclusion in their "Creepy Things" anthology. Read the review (for which I'm super-duper grateful) here.

Secondly... it's not news yet ... but it will be: "Eight Days of Madness" which is up to 125 downloads (!), has now been approved for "Premium Distribution" by Smashwords. What this means is that in about 2 weeks, these eight stories will be available for download at Barnes & Noble, the Kobo Store, the Apple Store, and the Diesel e-Book store. I'm totally stoked about this for the wildly increased exposure it means for seven talented authors who trusted me with their tales of insanity!

Keep writing, folks.

7 comments:

  1. That's great news Chris, and I can't thank you enough for doing it. Hope to see you back in action full time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, and as you've probably noticed, all around the blogosphere, many are frantically tied up with other things that keep us (sadly) away.

    GREAT NEWS about Eight Days! I'm so, so happy for you and for the featured authors. That's really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote about bugs destroying mars and didn't tell me about it?!? ;-) Congrats on the review and super congrats on the wide distribution of 8 Days. I'm just making the rounds for the first time in... since hell froze over. So dont feel bad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, man! Always wonderful to see a genuinely good review. Gonna have to add this anthology to my ever-expanding list.

    I hear you about doin' what ya gotta do. Although it will suck the life at of ya at times.

    And cool news on EDOM. The more readers, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a whole pile of great news!

    Huge congrats on the review, big thanks for mentioning the Prediction Challenge and a whopping Cheers Me Dear for everything you've done for us with Eight Days! You do know I'll need to hassle you for your expertise, don't you?

    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great review, my friend and you should be proud. Also, great news about EDOM. Another reason you should be proud. All that you have done with the stories was off your own back and all done in your own town. You are a true gent as well as a very talented writer!!

    Hats off to you, Chris, and best of luck with all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helluva great review, Chris, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete