Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blowing the Publicity Horn

I have to tell you about Unquiet Earth. Last year, the incomparable Chris Bartholomew at Static Movement decided to do a Zombie Flash collection. She held a contest to decide the name. The winner also got to write the blurb on the back cover.  I think you see where I'm going with this...

It was awesome to win, and a little nerve-wracking that my title and back cover now grace this wicked collection of reanimated flash stories.

Now, with my name on the back of the book, and my history of zombie stories, I couldn't not submit to this; so I did, and got in... three times.

That's right - inside of Unquiet Earth are three original zombie stories by yours truly: Upping the Ante, Bones of Contention, and In a Little Undead House.

Zombie stories are so much fun to write - they afford a ready made backdrop to show a microcosm of the human condition and extremes of natural relationships.

... and I'm just totally stoked that I had so much to do with this book.

It's available from the Pill Hill Press bookstore (good for US and UK) or Amazon.com/.ca.

Infomercial over.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Huge congrats, Chris! Of course, you know I love zombies too, and what a treat to get multiple stories and a blurb in one contest. Celebrate with a nice chunk of limb on your plate or a bobbing eyeball in your glass.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin - it's (at least visually) one step closer to seeing a book that's ALL mine. (Which will get a whole lot closer to reality in 2011.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Chris. I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled on to your blog. That book looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete