Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quick Writes

Nothing fancy today - just a note that Jason Evans' Clarity of Night contest is open for business.

Write 250 words, using the given photo as a prompt. Check it out here.

There's prizes!  I'm going to be throwing something in for this one, as I continue to finish up a few shorts in preparation for throwing all my effort behind the novel soon.

I just had some excellent feedback from another writer on one of the stories, and tried to do the same for them in return - though it's always a somewhat prickly situation to offer critique to another writer - especially if they're a friend. My own critical style comes from the way I was critiqued during a recent college creative writing course. It's a little blunt at times, but I found that it helped me immeasureable.

Hopefully, if an excellent story comes of it, then it's all worth it.

Keep writing.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the contest, Chris. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be super.

    ReplyDelete