Tuesday, March 27, 2012

9 Days of Madness: Day 10 Wrap Up

Yes, Becky, I'm putting
the smileys away now.
Thank you, everyone for coming to take part in the 9 Days of Madness.

I was extremely happy with the quality of stories I received this year, and even found that I had to make some tough choices in order to pare the list down to nine. From the comments I've seen this week, you've all confirmed my choices. The talent on show by all the contributors is humbling, and reading them makes me want to work harder on my own writing.

Speaking of which - last year, I ended the event off with a story of my own ... a "bonus" story. Because I was assured of having nine solid entries this year (unlike last year, where it kind of went down to the wire), it was great to be able to watch from the sides and enjoy the event.

If you missed any of the stories, I've set up links on the right side of this page, for you to check out anytime. I'll also be putting together an e-Book of all the tales from these past nine days (plus the exquisite prologue I featured the week prior.) Once it's finished, the links will disappear, and I'll tell you all how to get the PDF version.

As for me, it's time to get back to work on project "A" for the year, which is still looking like an April debut, and will require me to discover my inner editor, then feed the bugger and make him work.

So - thank you all again. This event literally couldn't have happened without you. All things being equal - same time next year!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Chris, it has been a pleasure and an honor to be a part of the proceedings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your inner editor be ruthless and cheap to feed.

    The 9 DOM was so much fun. It truly was. Thanks for letting me be a part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed "The Madness" Chris! All the stories were fantastic. Appreciate your hosting. Best wishes on editing project kick "A". ;-)

    ps. maybe you can sneak your own madness story in the e-book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaun - damned glad to meet you this way, and thanks again for a killer story!

    Becky - I'm always so blown away by your stories. That you let me have one for 9DOM means a lot.

    Jodi - You and your stories are collectively, "an original", which is a very, very good thing.

    p.p.s. You'll see my madness story soon enough... it's a part of project "A".

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's rare to find a collection of stories this consistently excellent. I look forward to putting the e-book on my reader to enjoy them all over again. Congrats on another successful bout of madness, Chris!

    ReplyDelete