Thursday, June 7, 2012

Big Things are Happening (Starting tomorrow – but hear some of it TODAY!)


The next week or so is going to be a lot of fun, and not just because I’ll be turning my attention back to bear on (taiko drum beat) “THE NOVEL”.  I’ve been so caught up in the non-writing details of my current project, that it feels like I haven’t put pen to paper on something fresh in ages.

Last night I started doing a page (working on the exercise I posted here last week, actually.) It’s horrible stuff.  What’s important though, is why I started it. In reading the outpouring of reminiscence for Ray Bradbury, someone posted a quote that resonated deeply. In short, he said that if you want to be a writer, then you have to write every day – even if you don’t feel like it. I want to be a writer. So I wrote last night. And I’ll write tonight.

Now for some news:

It gives me enormous pleasure to announce that tomorrow, I’ll be hosting my first ever interview here at the Leaky Pencil.

The inimitable Lily Childs consented to sit down to a cup of virtual tea and answer a few questions about writing and her new book “Cabaret of Dread, Vol. 1”. So please join me here for that!

Then, on Monday, I’ll be making an announcement that has been almost a year in coming. It’s a badly kept secret to be honest, but hell, now that the moment’s here, it deserves a little build-up...

(drumroll)

I’ll be 37 on Monday.

(cue wacky trombone noise)

But seriously check back on the 11th, as I really do have something else to announce about that is quite exciting.

Until tomorrow!

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Did I really spend all those hours chatting with you Chris? It passed in a twinkle of the eye! Looking forward to tomorrow, and to your scintillating news.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete